LAST MODIFIED: APRIL 2, 2020
FairWords Inc. doing business as Fairwords (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.fairwords.com (“Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect on this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline, through our services, or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website.
- Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, and telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as name of the business work for (“Business”) and URL of the Business; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us.
- automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- from third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information We collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website and subscribing to our service. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Information; we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Fairword’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Fairwords about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Fairwords
- , our customers, or others.
- Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address or contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative on their website.
California residents and European Economic Area (“EEA”) residents and citizens may have additional Personal Information rights and choices. Please see Sections 8 (Your California Privacy Rights) and 9 (Your European Union GDPR Rights) for more information.
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may review and change your Personal Information by sending us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
EEA citizens and residents and California residents may have additional Personal Information rights and choices. Please see Sections 8 (Your California Privacy Rights) and 9 (Your European Union GDPR Rights) for more information.
- Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your Personal Information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit this California government website: https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa.
- Your European Union GDPR Rights
We may process your Personal Information because:
- We need to render a service in accordance with a contract with you.
- You have given us permission to do so.
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights.
- To comply with the law.
If we collect your Personal Information through our Website and you are a citizen or resident of the EEA, you have the following rights in terms of the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your Personal Information. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your Personal Information, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Information, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Information, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
A data controller is the person who determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, any personal information is processed. We are the data controller of your Personal Information as specified in this policy. You may email us regarding your data at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit the European Union GDPR website: https://gdpr.eu/
- Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
- Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under the age of 16 may provide any personal information to or on the Website without the consent of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
EEA citizens and residents and California residents who are children may have additional rights regarding their Personal Information. Please see Sections 8 (Your California Privacy Rights) and 9 (Your European Union GDPR Rights) for more information.
- Contact Information